Personal hygiene is a significant factor in the Australian feminine hygiene market. From 2015 to 2019, the Australian feminine hygiene market earned $397.8 million in revenue. The market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 2.7% over the next five years, reaching $454.6 million by the end of 2024.
During menstruation, women utilise period care products to maintain their personal cleanliness. Sanitary pads, which vary in size, shape, and absorbency, are the most frequently used menstrual products. However, period underwear is also gaining traction because of its unique features.
Period panties are a one-time solution designed to prevent leaks. Is that all you wear? Yes. That’s it.
Here’s a rundown on period panties, including what it is, the advantages it offers etc.
Period Underwear: Overview
Although some women only use period panties on mild flow days, you can use them on heavy flow days. Wearing period underwear can be more comfortable than using tampons and pads.
The typical features of these types of panties are:
- They contain a moisture-wicking top layer
- There are more than one absorbent layers
- The leak-resistant last layer makes it a perfect choice for heavy flows
Although the specific design varies from product to product, some products also come with odour-neutralising layers that can make the smell go away.
All period underwears can be washed and reused, making them a better choice for the environment.
Why Should You Choose It?
You may initially use period panties overnight if you are new to them. To assist you in choosing, below listed are the most common benefits:
- Period panties are a one-time investment that is significantly more cost-effective. Since you can wash them, they are an excellent alternative to pads or tampons. You can wear your period panty for up to 24 months without any problems.
- It may take several years for the plastic in and around tampons and disposable sanitary pads to degrade. Period panties are made of natural cotton and limit the amount of sanitary waste in landfills.
- Period panties are comfortable on the skin and are also more eco-friendly. A good panty does not cause allergic reactions to women’s skin.
- Period panties are ideal for modern women who are always on the go. Forget about frequently changing during your work hours or so.
How to Choose?
Period underwear can be worn alone or as a backup with tampons and other period products. However, there are a few points to consider before buying.
- Absorbency: Keep an eye out for absorbency levels, as different panties have varying amounts of absorbency. You may have a selection to choose from depending on your specific requirements.
- Materials: While you may be looking for the exterior appearance of the material, you should also consider the inside layers used. Bear in mind that some of them have a pleasant aroma as well.
- Comfort: To check the comfort, you may check out the reviews. It will help you in making meaningful evaluations.
- Specific uses: Various activities require additional protection, such as sleeping or exercising. Make the appropriate selections accordingly.
Everybody enjoys a pleasant surprise. However, what about period surprises? Absolutely not! This is where period underwear is handy, as they are the most absorbent undergarments available.
Apart from their comfort and leak-proofing properties, these are gaining appeal as an environmentally sustainable and economically prudent solution.
Consider them if you’re seeking a more comfortable alternative to other sanitary products.