As we leave the dreary and snowy wintery weather behind, it’s time to ring in the spring season with some new fashion trends and styles. If you’re not sure how to transition your wardrobe, don’t worry. We have you covered from head to toe with these great outfit ideas. We have plenty of tips and tricks to get you from one season to the next without having to do a full revamp of your wardrobe. Whether you’re layering cute women’s clothes or mixing and matching different pieces from different seasons, there are plenty of ways to rock your wardrobe this spring. Use any of these easy tips to transition from your winter wardrobe to spring fashion in no time.
Source: Svitlana Sokolova/Shutterstock.com
- Get Transitional Wardrobe Essentials — According to Vogue, your transitional wardrobe essentials go beyond just swapping your puffer jacket for a lighter shacket, AKA a shirt jacket or denim jacket. You should know what the winter-to-spring wardrobe must-haves are to better be able to work with what you already have in your closet and to know which pieces you should have to create a capsule transitional wardrobe. Chunky or oversized sweaters are a great option for layering over dresses and blouses. Ankle booties look fabulous with not only skinny jeans but also with midi dresses and mini skirts if you want to show off some bare legs this season. If you find that you’re still not ready to bare legs with the still-kinda-chilly weather, tights are a must-have.
- Know How to Use Your Pieces — You might not think you can use the same dress for winter that you can and in spring, but you can totally rock trendy dresses from season to season. It’s all about knowing how to use essential pieces. Instead of wearing your winter jacket, such as a trench coat with dark colors like you did in the winter, start incorporating brighter hues into your outfit. Mix and match the pieces like a leather jacket with a floral dress or a cardigan over a silky top. The key is to look balanced and not too invested in one season over the other — for instance, wearing a long and puffy winter coat with a spring dress, which can weigh down your look.
Source: Friends Stock/Shutterstock.com
- Consider Spring Colors, Patterns, and Textures — Once you start playing around with both your winter and spring pieces, it’s time to consider spring colors, patterns, and textures. Typical spring colors include pretty pastels and neutral-toned hues. Instead of wearing the burgundy top you wore in winter, swap it for a cream-colored or blush pink sweater instead. As for patterns, we’re all about spring florals. While you may have worn plenty of velvet pants in the fall or winter, switch up the texture by trying cotton, corduroy, and light-washed denim.
- Switch from Booties to Flats — As you put away your puffer coats and snow boots that trudged through the snow and muck this winter season, you can switch your booties to flats for spring. As much as we love a reliable pair of ankle booties, flats scream, “I’m ready for spring and sunshine!” It’s an easy way to add a little pep to your step to embrace the warmer weather.
- Layer Your Dress — There are plenty of ways to layer your dress that will take you from winter to spring. Consider different women’s outerwear, such as lighter and shorter jackets. Knowing how to layer your outfit, especially dresses, is crucial for the winter-to-spring transition. The trick is to wear outerwear that isn’t too heavy or bulky. Try pairing a knit sweater with a flowery maxi skirt or a lilac blazer with your dress. On cooler days, you can finish off your look with mules.
- Layer with Leggings — Spring isn’t just for shorts, skirts, and dresses. There are plenty of pants that you wear in the winter that you can still wear in spring. Try layering with leggings and other cute pants for women. Grab your cozy cardigan and pair your leggings with this perfect layering piece. Finish off your outfit with bright-colored sneakers and a straw accessory bag as a fun homage to the spring season.
Source: Victoria Chudinova/Shutterstock.com
- Wear Pants and a Sweater — You may not think of wearing pants and a sweater during springtime, but you can totally wear lightweight sweaters during spring. On the chillier days, instead of wearing a full-on winter coat with your outfit, swap your coat for a moto jacket instead. Adding a leather jacket to any outfit adds a little extra edge to your look.
- Have Fun Accessorizing — Most importantly, have fun creating your outfits as you head into spring by playing around with different accessories, too. Fun spring accessories include bright-colored bags and open-toed shoes. Wear jewelry that’s also great for spring in pastel colors or delicate gold jewelry. Put on your sunglasses and get ready for brighter days ahead!
Leave a Reply