Previously we have already explained to you who a dealer is and the function that a dealer performs within the casino ecosystem, so this post will expand the knowledge you already have of that article based on the work done by the dealer before, during, and after the distribution of letters.
Knowing how a dealer deals cards in blackjack is extremely important, which is why we wanted to dedicate this article to one of the most powerful rituals in the game. With him the game begins, so do not miss a single detail of what we tell you, and remember that you should always enjoy online blackjack with the utmost responsibility.
Dealer rules in blackjack
Blackjack has a position of enormous prominence within Casino Barcelona’s range of UFA games. With all the variants you could wish for, the dealer is vital in all of them. This figure must adhere to a series of very specific rules. These are:
- You are obliged to ask for cards until you have at least 17 points.
- You will not be able to ask for more cards if you already have a hand of 17 or more.
- In the event that you have an Ace in your hand, this card must be counted as 11 that way you add at least 17, but do not exceed 21. In the latter case, it will be understood that the Ace is worth 1.
- The rules that we have just seen are the ones that are used in most cases, although it may happen that they have small modifications. Knowing these basic rules, in blackjack, the following situations can occur for the dealer:
- Go over 21: In this case, the players still at the table will win their bets. They are those who did not go over 21 when playing their hand.
- Don’t Go Over 21: Players with a hand closer to 21 than the dealer will win their bets. The rest will lose. If there is a tie, the player will get back all the chips from their bet.
Having finished playing the hand, the dealer will start collecting losing bets from right to left. He will also be in charge of paying the winning players and will collect the cards by depositing them face down in the discard area. He will do the same with his own cards.
It is important that you also know that the dealer is not the one who makes the decisions when it comes to playing his hand. Dealing the deck in blackjack or not is done according to the rules of the table and the players will be able to play their hand by deciding for themselves what to do based on the different actions that blackjack allows.
How a dealer deals cards in blackjack
The importance of the dealer is very high in all forms of blackjack. As you know, at Casino Barcelona we have some as powerful as Premium blackjack or Vegas Blackjack where you can see the dealers in action.
How the dealer acts with the special hands
There are very specific cases in the dynamics of the blackjack game in which the dealer must act in a very precise way. Are these:
- Ask the players if they want insurance. This is done in the event that the dealer’s up card is an ace and involves letting them pay up to half of your initial bet as insurance.
- The players themselves must decide if they want to double down or not. The player can make it to bet the same amount that he has already bet. In the event that he wishes to do so, one more card will be dealt after having done so. The player who doubles against the dealer’s hand can also win double.
- The dealer offers the option to “split” the players. This is possible if cards of the same value have been dealt with them. In that case, the players can decide whether to split it into two hands. To do this, they will have to put the same amount of chips that they have a bet.
Who is in charge of dealing the cards in online blackjack?
He is the dealer, the central figure in this game, and who acts as a reference and coordinator of the hands that are played. He deals with the cards for all the players and for himself and has other functions such as finishing the hands.
Can the dealer win a blackjack hand?
Yes, of course. The dealer also “competes” to win the hand, but with the exception that the prizes are not for him, but for the bank. He can win, he can lose and he can also tie in case he has the same hand as the player. In that case, the bets made are recovered.
In Casino Barcelona’s blackjack offer, are there also croupiers?
You can enjoy them in the live blackjack modalities that you will see on our website. In all these cases, its importance is paramount when it comes to dealing with the cards and many other additional functions.
Do the dealers get into the action when I play on mobile?
Yes of course. As you know, the entire offer of Casino Barcelona games is at your fingertips from your mobile. Enter the blackjack option that you like the most and enjoy the best dealers.