When planning a camping trip, the best you can do is look forward to a nice sheltering option. Unfortunately, not all shelters are equally competent and allow you to enjoy in a nice resting place and a secured option for keeping your things. Regardless of whether you move through the mountains or more rugged terrains, a pop up tent can be your greatest accomplice.
There are several factors and features to consider when choosing the best tent. So, here is what you need to have in mind when choosing the pop up tent.
- The first step is to find out what purpose you want the tent to serve.
- The next step comprises choosing the material of the tent.
- Finally, you need to focus on the size, brand and colors of pop up tents.
You need to analyze each parameter and find out the option that meets your needs.
Different types of pop up tents:
If you are yet to become familiar with camping tents, read the points below to know more.
- Light pop tents
The light pop up tents fulfills the temporary purposes and can be set up within a matter of days or a few hours. You can use the light tents as shelters for small events. They may not be as durable as the heavy for carrying or transportation. You can fold them down into smaller pieces to accommodate in the car easily. Only one or two people can assemble the tent.
- Heavy pop up tent
The heavy pop up tents is sturdier than the lightweight tents and can withstand harsh weather conditions for long periods of time. They are more popular among those who love engaging in adventure.
Cover material of pop up tents:
When choosing the outdoor pop up tents, you need to pay attention to the cover materials. Whether you need to take the tent to a distant location or use it nearby, here is what you need to know.
- Some of the cover materials offer UV protection and are fire and water-resistant.
- The higher is the denier the better is the durability of the material.
- Polyethylene, polyester, and vinyl are the types of covers available for the popup canopy tents; while polyester is durable and water resistant, it also protects against the harmful UV rays.
- Vinyl is a heavy material and is fire and waterproof; polyethylene is one of the best materials to choose as it is waterproof and offers a high level of UV protection.
Choosing a pop up tent over the regular one:
You might wonder what the big difference is between a regular and a pop up tent. One of the areas where the regular tent misses out over the pop up tent is the setup. As the regular tent needs to stand on telescopic legs and need threading through the loops, the beginners may find it a bit challenging.
The pop up tent, on the other hand is easy to set up and suitable for the camping trips as you need not waste time for setting up the tent and complete it quickly.