The offline teaching mode has worked wonders in helping students grow up, but with the help of online platforms, things have become more efficient and effective.
Online tutoring platforms like Dymocks Tutoring offer students a unique, personalised learning experience. And this way, they get the best of both worlds; the personal attention of a private tutor with the flexibility of an online program.
Advantages of Online Teaching
According to a survey in Australia, around 20-22% of students responded positively to online teaching.
Online teaching is the process of providing learning materials to students through the internet. As such, the effect of online teaching is the same as face-to-face class teaching. The only difference is that classes are conducted over an online platform.
There has been a debate on whether online or face-to-face classes are better for students’ development. And many conclusions have been drawn about this debate, but no side has been victorious in this battle. But some differences can be seen between both methods of teaching. So, let’s look at some of the advantages that online teaching has over traditional offline teaching:
- Online teachers can create and send materials before class, so they don’t need to waste time reviewing and lecturing on topics they already understand. This gives them more time to focus on what students find challenging.
- Online teachers can simultaneously teach students from different parts of the country or even the world, whereas traditional teachers cannot.
- Online teachers don’t need to travel to work, and they can work from anywhere in the world as long as their internet connection is stable enough for video calls or uploading files to their courses.
- Online teachers don’t have to worry about commuting because all they need is a computer and an internet connection, and they are good to go!
Why Does Your Child Need a Tutor?
Many parents wonder why their children need a tutor when they can get everything they need to know on the internet. So, what can an online tutoring service such as Dymocks tutoring do that your child can’t get from the internet?
- The internet is a tool to help your child learn, but it is just that, a tool. A good tutor will be able to use the internet as a tool to help your child develop the skills necessary for school and life.
- Online tutors can give the personal attention needed to help your child with homework, math, reading, and other subjects without leaving home.
- Some kids don’t thrive in a classroom setting and may need extra one-on-one attention to help them along. And with online tutoring, this is possible without arranging transportation or dealing with scheduling problems.
- Online tutors can provide a measure of independence for your child while working online at home or anywhere else they have access to a computer and an internet connection.
- Online tutoring helps you save money on gas, wear and tear on the car, and time away from work or other important things.
Simply put, Online tutoring delivers a superior student experience. It gives students more choice over the tutors they work with, provides them with a collaborative learning environment, makes project management more manageable, and even allows them to turn their work in digitally. As such, the service is creating a revolution in tutoring and homework help. And as it continues to improve, it will benefit an increasing number of children every day.