Are you looking for perfectly shaped and filled eyebrows? You might want to have the perfect brows without drawing them out. An eyebrow tattoo is an ideal way to get naturally full and perfectly shaped brows.
Increasingly, the cosmetic tattoo market is rising steadily in Australia. In fact, in 2019, it was valued at 740.47 AUD. Undoubtedly, it is due to the various benefits of boosting self-confidence. One of the most popular cosmetic tattoos is the eyebrow tattoo.
As you read this article, you’ll learn more about eyebrow tattoos and tips for pre and aftercare. Moreover, you will know the process and what to expect when getting these tattoos.
What are Eyebrow Tattoos
Eyebrow tattoos are an effortless and low-maintenance solution to have perfect brows. These are tattoos shaped like eyebrows, albeit with a natural appearance. The tattoos are generally done by aestheticians using microblading, nano blading, or powder brows treatment.
Eyebrow tattoo artists create brows using hair-like strokes to ensure you get natural results. Moreover, you can choose the technique based on the type of brow you want. For instance, suppose you want thick and fluffy brows. You choose microblading. However, select powder brows if you want a subtle yet well-defined effect.
The process for eyebrow tattoos varies depending on the technique you choose. There are three techniques you can choose from:
- Microblading- Uses handheld needles to colour beneath your eyebrow skin. It’s done with hair strokes.
- Nano Blading- Uses a digital machine and a single needle to create hair stroke brow tattoos
- Powder Brows- Created using the digital device, but this gives a powdery effect.
Benefits of Eyebrow Tattoos
If you’re tired of drawing in your brows, eyebrow tattoos are perfect for you. There are several benefits to getting eyebrow tattoos:
- They are realistic and have a natural appearance
- Help in mitigating hair loss conditions
- These tattoos add texture and shape to your brows
Pre-Care and After Care Tips for Eyebrow Tattoos
Eyebrow tattoos can provide multiple benefits. However, it is necessary to ensure proper pre and aftercare.
Pre-Care for Eyebrow Tattoos
Pre-care for eyebrow tattoos is essentially prepping for your appointment. Some points that you need to take care of are:
- Ensure you choose an experienced aesthetician whose work is stellar
- Don’t expose yourself to the sun from two weeks before the procedure
- Ensure you know the costs and know what to expect
- Know that little scarring is likely, and the treatment is semi-permanent
- Go into the appointment with an unmistakable style and colour in mind
- Ensure you clarify all your doubts before diving into the procedure
Aftercare for Eyebrow Tattoos
After the procedure, you need to take care of your brows. This will increase its longevity. Here are some aftercare tips to follow:
- Avoid working out and exposure to the sun for at least 30 days
- Don’t scratch the brow area
- Avoid undergoing any chemical skin treatments
- Keep blotting your brow area to prevent oil, pigment, and lymph build-up.
- Protect your brow area with a good SPF
- Apply the prescribed ointment to avoid swelling and bruising
Eyebrow tattoos are the solution to hassle-free and perfect brows for at least 1-3 years. They are essentially semi-permanent treatments to make your eyebrows look shapely and fuller. You can get natural-looking brows that match your face with treatments like microblading, nano blading, and powder brows.
While an eyebrow tattoo is a perfect solution for low-maintenance brows, you need to ensure proper pre and aftercare. You must find the right aesthetician and discuss costs, process, healing, and touch-ups. Additionally, you must ensure you follow the pre-care instructions carefully.
After the treatment, ensure you apply the prescribed ointments and go for follow-ups regularly.